- Founder of PenshireMedia.com (2008 - Present): Penshire Media is a one stop digital production house that has created content for for the Boston Marathon, Chicago Blackhawks, Outside Television, Red Bull and others. Videos have generated over 1 million views in 144 countries around the world. Web projects include DuncanKeith.com, the Official Website for NHL All-Star, Duncan Keith, IceHockeySystems.com, SoccerDrive.com and more.
- Co-Founder of ValoreBooks.com (2006 - 2015): Valore Books is an online textbook marketplace that allows students to buy, sell and rent textbooks. Helped develop the company from a dorm room idea to a 50+ person company that generated $85 million in GMS (in 2015). ValoreBooks.com was acquired in 2012.
HIGHLIGHTED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Digital Audio Production
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video Production
- Live Video (FaceBook Live & YouTube Live)
Ecommerce & Web
- Affiliate Marketing
- Business Development
- Credit Card Fraud Prevention
- Email Marketing
- Key Metric Analysis & Executive Reporting
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Paid Search Marking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Apple Products
- Final Cut Pro
- Google Analytics & Docs
- Mail Chimp
- Microsoft Office
EXPANDED WORK DETAILS
FOUNDER, PENSHIREMEDIA.COM, MARCH 2008 - PRESENT
Highlighted Penshire Media Video Projects
- Produced "The Boston Marathon: More Than A Race" for the Boston Athletic Association which recapped the 2015 Boston Marathon and served as a promo video for the 2016 race
- Produced "2012 Red Bull Round Up" for Red Bull
- Produced “The Savard Sessions” a coaching video series with NHL Hall of Famer, Denis Savard
- Videographer for 2009 NHL Winter Classic in Chicago
- View PenshireMedia Demo Reel (can also be viewed to the right)
- View 40+ Penshire Media Video Projects
Highlighted Penshire Media Web Projects
- Created DuncanKeith.com, the Official Website for NHL All Star, Duncan Keith
- Work with news outlets, the Blackhawks and NHL to promote charity events
- Promoted Keith Relief Foundation events have helped bring in over $500,000+ to charity
- Currently serve as an operations and marketing director for IceHockeySystems.com
- Created SoccerDrive.com, an online coaching resource for youth soccer coaches
- Created BuffaloCycleBoats.com, the online home and booking location for Buffalo Cycle Boats
- Created USOofIllinois.org, the online home for USO of Illinois
CO-FOUNDER, VALOREBOOKS.COM, JANUARY 2006 - SEPTEMBER 2015 (COMPANY ACQUIRED IN AUGUST 2012)
Director of Operations, ValoreBooks.com, June 2012 - September 2015
- Assisted in developing and executing company strategy with executive team
- Involved in marketing, operational, legal, product and business development decisions and strategies
- Monitored and managed daily operations and reported metrics, trends and solutions to executive team
- Marketplace metrics: Sales figures, cancel rate, refund rate, chargeback rate and cost
- Rental metrics: Rental sales figures, completed rental returns, rental late fees, rejected rentals, lost rentals
- Customer service metrics: # of tickets, average response time, BBB rating, reseller ratings score
- Bookseller metrics: # of booksellers, # of books, # of titles, top performing booksellers, booksellers feedback rate
- Oversaw internet marketing campaigns, including social, search engine marketing, affiliate and email
- Social: Content creation, giveaways, customer services, social media influencer promotions
- Search Engine Marketing (paid): Google paid ads and google shopping feed
- Search Engine Marketing (organic): Unique content, user generated content, inbound link development, website structure (tags, sitemap, internal linking, mobile optimization)
- Affiliate: Optimized xml feeds that could be used by dozens of affiliate sites
- Email campaigns: Full email blasts and targeted user emails sent via constant contact (previously mail chimp)
- Monitored website traffic though Google Analytics
- Visitors, conversion rate, average time on site, traffic sources, keywords, inbound links, etc
- Managed and monitored over 30,000 booksellers and troubleshooted file processing errors
- Developed and managed partnership with Verba Software to allow over 100 individual colleges to buy, sell and rent textbooks from our marketplace though an API
- This partnership increased GMS by $10 million in 2015
- Managed credit card transactions, chargebacks and fraud prevention initiatives
- Assisted product and user experience teams in redesign of website to allow for dynamic mobile response
- Documented operational procedures for company during the acquisition
Director of Product Development, ValoreBooks.com, January 2010 - June 2012
- Designed textbook rental program
- Designed homepage updates, landing pages, product page updates, customer account pages, email notifications
- First textbook rental provider uploaded inventory in June 2010
- As of 2015, rentals compose over 65% of yearly GMS
- Designed customer service programs and operational procedures for rental program
- Re-designed website and internal linking structure to follow search engine optimization best practices
Director of Operations, ValoreBooks.com, July 2006 - December 2009
- Responsible for developing and documenting daily operational procedures for company
- Developed customer service policies, faq's and managed a customer service team of 6
- Managed marketing campaigns - PPC, SEO, social media, print, radio and email marketing
- Monitored website traffic and conversion rate though Google Analytics
- Managed peer to peer sales agent program responsible for 20% of total sales
- This later transistioned into our affiliate program
- Designed fraud prevention software and bookseller monitoring tools
- Recruited and grew bookseller community from 3,000 booksellers to over 10,000 booksellers
Director of Seller Services, ValoreBooks.com, January 2006 - July 2006
- Recruited and grew bookseller community from 500 booksellers to over 3,000 booksellers
- Designed webpages and tools for booksellers to upload inventory and sell textbooks online
- Troubleshooted and tested bookseller inventory files
- State University of New York at Fredonia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2006
- Division 3 Varsity Ice Hockey - Michael P. Lowe Award Winner junior year, which is awarded to the team's unsung hero
- VP of Entrepreneurs club senior year
WHY WORK FOR PIC SIX CREATIVE?
It would be a dream.
Working in a city that I think about constantly, within a community that I grew up in, on a subject matter that I digest hourly, with a brilliantly capable team, in a field that I have 10 years of experience in, yea, it would be an absolute dream.
My professional work experiences include developing and managing projects that help brands, non-profits and professional athletes tell their story, increase engagement and generate revenue on the web.
I have experience taking an idea to launch and tracking key performance indicators to measure the success of the project.
I am a Co-Founder of ValoreBooks.com, which is an online textbook marketplace that allows students to buy, sell and rent textbooks. In 9 years with the company, I helped develop the company from a dorm room idea to a 50+ person company that generated $85 million in GMS (in 2015). ValoreBooks.com was acquired in 2012.
Additionally, I am the Founder of PenshireMedia.com, which is a one stop digital production house that has created content for for the Boston Marathon, Chicago Blackhawks, Outside Television, Red Bull and others.
Penshire Media web projects include DuncanKeith.com, the Official Website for NHL All-Star, Duncan Keith, IceHockeySystems.com, SoccerDrive.com and more.
Even though my professional work experiences perfectly align with the Pic Six Creative Account Manager position, I believe it is my passion for digital media and the community of Buffalo that will set me apart.
When someone is passionate about what they do and they are part of something larger than themselves, great things happen.
Pic Six Creative has already proven itself as an extremely talented team. A team that has created powerful, engaging and inspiring content that has impacted individuals and businesses within the community. A team that I would love to be part of.
I hope to convey a sliver of the passion I have for digital media below.
Creating art and content is something I have done since childhood. From winning art awards in middle school to creating Buffalo Sabres mashup videos for fun, its something that has always been on my mind. How to improve, how to learn, how to inspire.
8 years ago, I created this Buffalo Sabres video on the left for fun. Even though the video shown is extremely poor quality, I believe in a fun way, it is an awkward frozen snapshot in time that shows that I have always been passionate about Buffalo and digital media. I even sent a document directly to the Buffalo Sabres in 2010 proposing a vision I had for a jumbotron video, calling Buffalo "The City of Hockey" (view the storyboard here).
Even though the storyboard was never used, it proves that I am constantly striving to create, learn and improve. My content creation improvement can be viewed by comparing the video on the left to my current Vimeo Channel.
The above attempts were aimed at achieving the goal of working in the creative realm in Buffalo, NY. Every time I return to Buffalo, I strive to create something to give back to the community. This year alone, I have donated my video production services to the following Buffalo groups: Hasek's Heroes, November Project Buffalo and Buffalo CycleBoats.
We live in an extraordinary time where digital media can easily spread and inspire an audience into action.
In addition to my passion for creating digital content, I have been fortunate to be able to work in a start up company that went from a dorm room idea to a 50+ person company. Creating a large company from scratch gave me valuable insight on a variety of business and life lessons that can not be taught.
Taking an idea from conception, to execution, to monitoring key performance indicators is a skill that comes with experience. A lot of people can talk about ideas, but not everyone can execute.
To succeed as an Account Manager, one must have a firm grip of priorities, act with transparency, honesty, humility and spend lots of time listening to the team and client. A great Account Manager will empower and cultivate the internal team to run smoother and work to get a client measurable results.
I feel that my passion for digital media, the community of Buffalo and 10+ years of web development experience would be a tremendous asset to the team at Pic Six Creative. I am willing to do whatever is needed of me to help the company and team within Pic Six grow.
To get a small glimpse of how passionate I am about digital media, please watch My Story: How I was Asked to Create A Video for the Boston Marathon.
Thanks so much for taking the time to review my resume. Please contact me with any questions.
President at Ice Hockey Systems Inc. / Buffalo 40 Under 40
(858) 437 - 2651
Founder, ValoreBooks.com & Mercato.com
(347) 831 - 7015
Senior Director of Client Services at rEvolution
Chicago Blackhawks Director of Community Relations