PEGULA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT VIDEOGRAPHER APPLICATION
About Scott Goergen / Penshire Media
9+ years helping brands, non-profits and professional athletes tell their story, increase engagement and generate revenue on the web.
- Co-Founder of ValoreBooks.com - helped create and grow online textbook company to over $85 million in yearly GMS (as of 2015).
- Co-Founder of FiveNineGroup.com - manage websites for NHL Athletes Duncan Keith & Denis Savard.
- Founder of PenshireMedia.com - created content for Red Bull, Outside Television, and the Chicago Blackhawks. Videos have generated over 515,000 views in 143 countries around the world. Just finished Boston Marathon video (in 3 days the video generated over 250k views and became the Boston Athletic Association's most popular video ever). The video can be viewed here.
- Learn more about me and my videography background here: My Story (password is scott).
Scott Goergen Demo Reel
Below are selected clips from projects during 2014 & 2015. For best quality click the HD on the bottom right of the video player, select 1080 and allow the video to completely load. For faster loading time, select a lower quality.
- 2012 Red Bull Round Up
- One Last Run: Ski The East
- The 2015 Boston Marathon: It's More Than A Race
- Jackson Hole Dreaming (Ski Edit)
- Run Boston Run: The Spirt of the 2014 Boston Marathon
- 2015 Denis Savard Charity Golf Tournament
- Additional Projects
- Recent News
INSTAGRAM Video HIGHLIGHTS
- Boston Marathon Promo
- Duncan Keith Charity Concert
- Big Sky Ski Resort Promo
- November Project Event Recap
- Mindfuel Wellness Recap at Chicago Ideas
Expanded Work Details
Co-Founder, FiveNineGroup Inc., January 2011 - Present
- Created DuncanKeith.com, the Official Website for NHL All Star, Duncan Keith
- Set up online store and fulfillment center to manage shipping of Keith Relief apparel
- Created Savard18.com, the Official Website for Hockey Hall of Famer, Denis Savard
- Manage, monitor and update both sites with unique content
- Work with news outlets, the Blackhawks, and NHL to promote charity events
- Track and monitor site traffic though Google Analytics for both sites
- Promoted foundation events that have helped bring in over $500,000+ to charity
Founder, PenshireMedia.com, March 2008 - Present
- Consultant for IceHockeySystems.com
- Created Denis Savard coaching video series
- Created “Run Boston Run” video that was promoted by Boston.com
- Created “Jackson Hole Dreaming” video edit that was promoted by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Edited 2012 Red Bull Round Up - a video that was promoted by Red Bull
- Created USOofIllinois.org, the online home for USO of Illinois
- Developed video for Red Bull of Action Sports Athlete Travis Pastrana
- Videographer for 2009 NHL Winter Classic in Chicago
Co-Founder, ValoreBooks.com, January 2006 - September 2015 (Company acquired in August 2012)
Director of Operations, ValoreBooks.com, June 2012 - September 2015
- Managed daily operations for over 30,000 online booksellers
- Monitored credit card processing and develop updates to fraud prevention software
- Assisted on all internet marketing initiatives including social, search engine marketing, affiliate & email
- Assisted with transition of company by developing documentation for daily operational procedures
Director of Product Development, ValoreBooks.com, January 2010 - June 2012
- Developed textbook rental program which included front facing web applications for customers, back end java based check in programs and customer service programs
- Managed a marketing team of 4 and 4 programmers simultaneously to execute various projects
Chief Operations Officer, ValoreBooks.com, July 2006 - December 2009
- Responsible for monitoring and developing all operations of website and company
- Developed customer service policies and managed a customer service team of 8
- Developed marketing campaigns - PPC, SEO, social media, print, radio, and email marketing
- Analyze Google Analytics software to measure traffic and marketing R.O.I.
- Developed peer to peer sales agent program responsible for 20% of total sales
- Designed online fraud prevention software & bookseller monitoring tools
- Recruited and grew bookseller community from 5,000 booksellers to over 10,000 booksellers
- Revenue grew from $4 million to $12 million during this time
Director of Seller Services, January 2006 - June 2006
- Recruited and grew our bookseller community from 200 to 5,000 booksellers
- Designed web based tools to improve the online seller experience
- State University of New York at Fredonia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2006
- Division 3 Varsity Ice Hockey - Michael P. Lowe Award Winner junior year, which is awarded to the team's unsung hero
- VP of Entrepreneurs club senior year
Why work for Pegula Sports and Entertainment?
It's a dream.
I was born and raised in Western, NY. I learned at a young age that sports is more than a religion in Buffalo. It gives people purpose, passion, hope and excitement in their lives. I've been to countless Sabres and Bills games with friends and family around the U.S. and can talk for days about those memorable experiences.
Along with my passion for Buffalo, I share a passion for digital media & videography. 9 years ago, I created my first video mashup on YouTube with free video editing software for fun. You will noticed that the video is titled "One Team - One City," which is foreshadowing to Pegula Sports and Entertainment's mission of "One Buffalo."
Even though the video shown is extremely poor quality, I believe in a fun way, it is an awkward frozen snapshot in time that shows that I have always truly believed in the "One Buffalo" mission. It also shows that I have been working on editing videos for much of my adult life. I even sent a document directly to the Buffalo Sabres in 2010 proposing a vision I had for a jumbotron video, calling Buffalo "The City of Hockey" (view the storyboard here).
All of these attempts were aimed to achieve the goal to work as a videographer for the Buffalo Sabres. Even though the storyboard was never used and the video poor quality, it shows I am constantly striving to create, learn and improve. My videography improvement can be viewed by comparing the video on the left to my current Vimeo Channel. One of my main missions in life is to never stop learning. I enjoy learning with every project I take on and with every person I interact with.
When filming or editing, I like to start with the following questions:
- What is the overall goal or purpose of the project?
- What shots have never been taken before?
- What access can I get that people have not seen before?
- What interviews or questions have people not seen before?
- What shots can make the viewer relate and feel the story?
- What shots can make the viewer want to take a positive action?
- Such as learning more, buying an item or a physical action.
I am a firm believer that we live in an extraordinary time where digital media can easily spread and inspire an audience into action.
I feel that my passion for digital media and 9+ years of experience helping brands, non-profits and professional athletes tell their story would be a tremendous asset to Pegula Sports and Entertainment. I have the experience, versatility and drive to push the videography position forward for all of PSE's brands. It would be an absolute honor to work with the Pegula family and the employees of Pegula Sports and Entertainment.
It would be a dream.
To view a short video about my path into the world of videography, please click here (password is scott).
Thanks so much for taking the time to review my resume. Please contact me with any questions.
Sr. Executive Director of Marketing Chicago Blackhawks
(312) 502 - 4295
President at Ice Hockey Systems Inc. / Buffalo 40 Under 40
(858) 437 - 2651
Founder, ValoreBooks.com & Mercato.com
(347) 831 - 7015