Video Production Employee Job Application
About Scott Goergen / Penshire Media
10+ years helping brands, non-profits and professional athletes tell their story, increase engagement and generate revenue on the web.
- Co-Founder of ValoreBooks.com - helped create and grow online textbook company to over $85 million in yearly GMS (as of 2015).
- Co-Founder of FiveNineGroup.com - manage websites for NHL Athletes Duncan Keith & Denis Savard.
- Founder of PenshireMedia.com - created content for Red Bull, Outside Television, and the Chicago Blackhawks. Videos have generated over 700,000 views in 144 countries around the world. Just finished Boston Marathon video (in 3 days the video generated over 250k views and became the Boston Athletic Association's most popular video ever). The video can be viewed here.
Scott Goergen Demo Reel
Below are selected clips from projects during 2014 - 2016.
- 2012 Red Bull Round Up
- One Last Run: Ski The East
- The 2015 Boston Marathon: It's More Than A Race
- Jackson Hole Dreaming (Ski Edit)
- Run Boston Run: The Spirt of the 2014 Boston Marathon
- 2015 Denis Savard Charity Golf Tournament
- Additional Projects
- Recent News
INSTAGRAM Video HIGHLIGHTS
- Boston Marathon Promo
- Duncan Keith Charity Concert
- Big Sky Ski Resort Promo
- November Project Event Recap
- Mindfuel Wellness Recap at Chicago Ideas
Expanded Work Details
Co-Founder, FiveNineGroup Inc., January 2011 - Present
- Created DuncanKeith.com, the Official Website for NHL All Star, Duncan Keith
- Set up online store and fulfillment center to manage shipping of Keith Relief apparel
- Created Savard18.com, the Official Website for Hockey Hall of Famer, Denis Savard
- Manage, monitor and update both sites with unique content
- Work with news outlets, the Blackhawks, and NHL to promote charity events
- Track and monitor site traffic though Google Analytics for both sites
- Promoted foundation events that have helped bring in over $500,000+ to charity
Founder, PenshireMedia.com, March 2008 - Present
- Consultant for IceHockeySystems.com
- Created Denis Savard coaching video series
- Created “Run Boston Run” video that was promoted by Boston.com
- Created “Jackson Hole Dreaming” video edit that was promoted by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Edited 2012 Red Bull Round Up - a video that was promoted by Red Bull
- Created USOofIllinois.org, the online home for USO of Illinois
- Developed video for Red Bull of Action Sports Athlete Travis Pastrana
- Videographer for 2009 NHL Winter Classic in Chicago
Co-Founder, ValoreBooks.com, January 2006 - September 2015 (Company acquired in August 2012)
Director of Operations, ValoreBooks.com, June 2012 - September 2015
- Managed daily operations for over 30,000 online booksellers
- Monitored credit card processing and develop updates to fraud prevention software
- Assisted on all internet marketing initiatives including social, search engine marketing, affiliate & email
- Assisted with transition of company by developing documentation for daily operational procedures
Director of Product Development, ValoreBooks.com, January 2010 - June 2012
- Developed textbook rental program which included front facing web applications for customers, back end java based check in programs and customer service programs
- Managed a marketing team of 4 and 4 programmers simultaneously to execute various projects
Chief Operations Officer, ValoreBooks.com, July 2006 - December 2009
- Responsible for monitoring and developing all operations of website and company
- Developed customer service policies and managed a customer service team of 8
- Developed marketing campaigns - PPC, SEO, social media, print, radio, and email marketing
- Analyze Google Analytics software to measure traffic and marketing R.O.I.
- Developed peer to peer sales agent program responsible for 20% of total sales
- Designed online fraud prevention software & bookseller monitoring tools
- Recruited and grew bookseller community from 5,000 booksellers to over 10,000 booksellers
- Revenue grew from $4 million to $12 million during this time
Director of Seller Services, January 2006 - June 2006
- Recruited and grew our bookseller community from 200 to 5,000 booksellers
- Designed web based tools to improve the online seller experience
- State University of New York at Fredonia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2006
- Division 3 Varsity Ice Hockey - Michael P. Lowe Award Winner junior year, which is awarded to the team's unsung hero
- VP of Entrepreneurs club senior year
Why work for The ROCHESTER AMERICANS?
It would be a dream.
I was born and raised in Rochester, NY and hockey has been a lifelong passion of mine. I've been inside the Blue Cross Arena hundreds of times. When I briefly shut my eyes and think about the Amerks, warm memories come flowing back. The memories range from skating during the intermission of an AHL game, practicing on the ice during my travel hockey years and attending countless games with friends and family (I still have dozens of broken sticks from Amerks players stored away players in my basement).
These memories have left a mark on my life and allow me to truly understand how passionate the community of Western, NY is about hockey and how much the Amerks mean to Rochester.
We live in an extraordinary time where digital media can easily spread an idea and inspire a community into action. Wether it is inspiring a family to come to a game, a kid to pick up a hockey stick, or to bring awareness to a local cause, the video production employee has an important task to create compelling visual stories that bring the Amerks closer to the community.
I feel that my passion for digital media and 10+ years of experience helping brands, non-profits and professional athletes tell their story would be a tremendous asset to the Rochester Americans. I have the experience, versatility and drive to push the video production position forward. It would be an absolute honor to work for such a storied franchise.
Thanks so much for taking the time to review my resume. Please contact me with any questions.
President at Ice Hockey Systems Inc. / Buffalo 40 Under 40
(858) 437 - 2651
Founder, ValoreBooks.com & Mercato.com
(347) 831 - 7015
Sr. Executive Director of Marketing Chicago Blackhawks
(312) 502 - 4295